2/6/21

King´s Cage by ๐“ฅ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ช ๐“๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐”‚๐“ช๐“ป๐“ญ REVIEW


In this breathless third installment to Victoria Aveyard’s bestselling Red Queen series, allegiances are tested on every side. And when the Lightning Girl's spark is gone, who will light the way for the rebellion?

Mare Barrow is a prisoner, powerless without her lightning, tormented by her lethal mistakes. She lives at the mercy of a boy she once loved, a boy made of lies and betrayal. Now a king, Maven Calore continues weaving his dead mother's web in an attempt to maintain control over his country—and his prisoner.

As Mare bears the weight of Silent Stone in the palace, her once-ragtag band of newbloods and Reds continue organizing, training, and expanding. They prepare for war, no longer able to linger in the shadows. And Cal, the exiled prince with his own claim on Mare's heart, will stop at nothing to bring her back.

When blood turns on blood, and ability on ability, there may be no one left to put out the fire—leaving Norta as Mare knows it to burn all the way down.

Author ๐“ฅ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ช ๐“๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐”‚๐“ช๐“ป๐“ญ
Kindle
Series: ๐™๐™š๐™™ ๐™Œ๐™ช๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ

I can't for the life of me do this review without spoilers. So if you haven't read this book, consider yourself warned.
°•๐Ÿ…ข๐Ÿ…Ÿ๐Ÿ…ž๐Ÿ…˜๐Ÿ…›๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…ก๐Ÿ…ข•°

I didn't hate this book, it's just that for me, it wasn't as good as the others.

We spend the vast majority of the book with Mare. She's trapped and can't do a thing to escape.

The book is very very slow, mare is always walking somewhere or in her cell either reading our throwing a tantrum or thinking something.

There are some things that happen purely for shock value, like the assassination attempt, nany or that guy that can see the future that appears from maybe like 3 pages to save Mare's life and disappear again.

Mare is interrogated once and then left alone, she isn't tortured. Maven sends her clothes, books to read, etc. Yes she can't go anywhere but it makes for a whole book of her just sitting around doing nothing.

This book has changes in POV and that's what saved it for me.

Once Mare is rescued the book picks up a bit. There's war and family time, training and plotting.

Cal and Mare as a pair do nothing for me and I didn't understand the shock at the end. We've been told from book 1 he was born to be a king, we know he isn't truly a part of the red guard, he hates killing silvers. So what's the point in trying to make us believe he's madly in love through smut. I already knew he would choose to be a king. There was no surprise there.

At least Maven has a motivation he's crazy as hell. But Cal has none.

I loved the battle, that was amazingly choreographed and I'm liking Evangeline very very much. I enjoyed Cameron's POV too.

But that was it. This book was way to slow. Hope the next one is better.



I'm an author/screenwriter who likes books and lists. This site is the nexus of my universe.

I wrote the #1 NYT bestselling series RED QUEEN and my next series, REALM BREAKER, will be out in May 2021.

The genres I'm into include YA, Fantasy, Historical, Adventure, Apocalyptic - if people are dying, I'm buying.

Website: https://victoriaaveyard.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/victoriaaveyard
goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/victoria_aveyard



No comments:

Post a Comment