7/14/13

I Want to Hold your Hand by stephanie Blackburn Book Review

Book Info
File Size: 490 KB
Print Length: 241 pages
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Language: English
ASIN: B00DJ616ZK
Source: The author provided a copy of this title in exchange of an honest review
Synopsis
On a frigid February night in New Hampshire the car Penny is riding in loses control and crashes passenger-side first into a tree. When she wakes up the next morning she can’t understand why her mother and sister are ignoring her, until she accidentally sticks her hand through her mother and remembers the night before.

A town away, Will is going about his senior year of high school on autopilot. He can’t work up the courage to tell his overbearing father that he doesn’t want to go to Boston College and study Business, his ex-girlfriend doesn’t understand the concept of being broken up, and he’s tired of feeling like his life is all an act.

Thinking she’s dead and wishing for a respite from her family’s grief, Penny is drawn to a house party where she meets Will, who miraculously can see her though no one else can. In the off-limits living room at the back of the house, with music thumping and their peers making fools of themselves nearby, Penny and Will begin a relationship that will make both of them question the decisions that have brought them to where they are and force them to jointly take a leap of faith

 
Hi guys a cople of days ago, maybe a week I was contacted by Stephanie Blackburn, the author of this book. She asked if I was able to review her book even though Book Addict is closed to review requests cause I have a gazillion book to read right now and I don´t want to accept review requests that I´m not sure will be able to do in months.
 
Anyway, there where several things that made me read her email and say yup, I´ll review your book; and this is like the winner for me. This author took the time to go through my blog, I didn´t get a hello blogger email, nope it was address to me Karla, so that was a point for her LOL!!. Second I could tell that she read at least one of my reviews cause she made valid points about why she thought I would like her book =D. Third she mentioned that she knew I wasn´t accepting review requests, another sign that she payed attention to my blog YAY!!!!! but the thing that actually drove me to grab the book as soon as I could was that she was super sweet and even a Little shy in her email. like she was afraid to ask but needed to get herself out there. That was a winner for me.
 
So I finished the book I was reading and started wondering what book to grab from the huge pile I have and guess what? I remembered her email so what did I do, well I grabbed her book LOL!!!.
 
I want to hold your hand was amazing, it´s the perfect summer read I can totally picture myself  on the beach with a big hat in my head and this book in my hand.
 
This book is written in two povs. Penny and Will and even though I´m not the biggest fan when talking about changing povs, Stepanie Blackburn nailed it big time. I love to be able to hear both of their thoughts.
 
The plot is really sweet it´s a book I would def. give to my Little cousin, it has a Little bit of everything, romance, angst and at times really fun quotes.
 
It made me remember one of my fav Reese Whiterspoon movies ever, althought the movie is more on the fun side and this book is all about emotions. I really enjoyed it.
 
I was glued to this book as soon as I started reading and even though the characters are pretty Young I even related to Penny in some levels.
 
What I liked the most about the book was seeing Penny realize some truths about herself and her decisions, It was an amazing journey.
 
So if you guys are in need of a super sweet read this summer grab this book I really enjoyed it so maybe you guys will too.
 
Here is the amazon link if you want to check it out
it´s only  $0.99
A great read and a great opportunity to discover a new author.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment