7/11/13

Shadow Sight by E.J.Stevens Book Review

Book Info
File Size: 491 KB
Print Length: 243 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0984247580
Publisher: Sacred Oaks Press (July 1, 2012)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Language: English
ASIN: B008GN32I0
Source:
Thanks to the author who kindly gifted me a copy of this book
Synopsis
Welcome to Harborsmouth, where monsters walk the streets unseen by humans…except those with second sight, like Ivy Granger.

Some things are best left unseen...

Ivy Granger's second sight is finally giving her life purpose. Ivy and her best friend Jinx may not be raking in the dough, but their psychic detective agency pays the bills--most of the time. Their only worry is the boredom of a slow day and the occasional crazy client--until a demon walks through their door.

Demons are never a good sign...

A demon attorney representing the water fae? Stranger things have happened. And things are about to get very, very strange as a bloodthirsty nightmare hunts the city of Harborsmouth.

There's blood in the water...

Kelpies have a reputation for eating humans. Unfortunately, Kelpies are the clients. When an Unseelie faerie this evil stalks the waterways of your city, you have to make hard choices.

The lesser of two evils...
 
 
let me start my review by telling you that this book is
 

Imagine every single myth you´ve Heard being true, from Vampires and trolls to kelpies and mermaids every single creature exist, but we just can´t see them cause they make themselves look like something they are not.
 
Now imagine being the only human able to see them among other things all, what would you do?????

Heck yeah, open up a Detective Agency!!!!!
 
Ivy Granger is the Bomb!!!! she´s an amazing kick ass heroine and I don´t mean it in the ninja whooping machie kinda way, no, she is in fact the most strong minded, intelligent girl ever, she solves mysteries  that even Sherlock Holmes would have a hard time wrapping his mind around; she is extremely loyal and one tough cookie.
 
Her friend Jynx is amazingly funny and very supportive of her and trusting too, they make an amazing power team that needs to be cheered for.
 
The plot of this book is wicked awesome, it twist and turns more times than I can count and let me tell you the amount of folk creatures here is astounding, I had to google a number of creatures that I didn´t even know existed.
 
The descriptions are spot on, I could clearly see in my head what the author described, if you don´t believe me check this out.
 
"Large, broken stumps of rotten teeth
stood crookedly like old headstones
in a neglected graveyard." 
 


 
you get the point!!!
 
This book is really cool, my only fuzz about it is cause the end felt a little rushed I would have loved to see a bit more of the why´s and how´s of ..."it", but other than that this book is kick ass, I´ll be readng book 2 real soon, I can´t wait to see what kinda trouble Ivy can get herself into.
 
My fav. carácter from the book??? It´s a tie, a lovely tie between the biggest kid in town and a friendly kitchen keeper LOL!!! you´ll figure that one out as sson as you read this baby.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment