8/9/13

I survived Reading the Hush Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick

I can´t for the life of me figure out how I let myself be convinced to read this series.

I knew I wasn´t going to like it about two chapters in on the first book. But you guys know me, I can´t leave a series unfinished and I hate to stamp a DNF on any book, cause I´m a true believer that every book deserves a shot if not for what is inside the covers for the amount of work that the author put in it.

My cousin and a few friends said that this series was cool that Patch was swoon worthy and that I was going to love it...

mmmm lets talk about that but first I´m going to show you the covers and the blurbs of the books cause even if I didn´t love them maybe you guys will.
Hush Hush

A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE


Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.


Crescendo

Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it. A mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever (if that's possible) and what's worse, he seems to be spending time with Nora's archenemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude, Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feelings that he is hiding something.

If that weren't enough, Nora is haunted by images of her murdered father, and comes to question whether her Nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death. Desperate to figure out what happened, she puts herself in increasingly dangerous situations to get the answer. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.


Silence

WHEN SILENCE IS ALL THAT'S LEFT, CAN THE TRUTH FINALLY BE HEARD?

Nora Grey can't remember the past five months of her life. After the initial shock of waking up in a cemetery and being told that she has been missing for weeks - with no one knowing where she was or who she was with - she tried to get her life back on track. Go to school, hang out with her best friend, Vee, and dodge mom's creepy new boyfriend.

But there is this voice in the back of her head, an idea that she can almost reach out and touch. Visions of angel wings and unearthly creatures that have nothing to do with the life she knows.

And this unshakable feeling that a part of her is missing.

Then Nora crosses paths with a sexy stranger, whom she feels a mesmerizing connection to. He seems to hold all the answers...and her heart. Every minute she spends with him grows more and more intense until she realizes she could be falling in love. Again.

Finale

Will love conquer all?

Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.

Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside. Nora will convince the Nephilim that they are making a mistake in fighting the fallen angels, and Patch will find out everything he can from the opposing side. They will end this war before it can even begin.

But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.

As the battle lines are drawn, Nora and Patch must confront the differences that have always been between them and either choose to ignore them or let them destroy the love they have always fought for.
Where do I even start, I hate to do bad reviews, I always look for good things to say even when I´m saying I didn´t like a book, but I can´t find anything I like, nothing at all... well maybe the premise but that´s about it and even that wasn´t that good.

First I don´t understand what the big fuzz about Patch is, lets number the things we know of Patch.

1.- He´s Hawt..
2.- He´s a Fallen Angel
3.- He wanted to kill Nora
4.- He knows how to fight
5.- He can´t feel
6.- He used to be an Archangel
7.- His name is Jev
8.- .... yeah that about sums it up
9.- ohhh and he sucks at relationships LOL!!!

Thats it, after four books, that´s all we know about the male lead his character has no background at least not a good one, we know next to nothing about it, I´m sorry but I can´t fall for a guy that I know almost nothing about and being dark and dangerous is just not enough for me; a character needs to have depth and personality neither of wich I found in Patch.

Then we have Nora, there are no words to describe the amount of lameness of this chick, she has one friend in the whole world, Vee Sky and thats it. her mom and Vee no one else, then she meets Patch and all but 30 seconds later she´s in love with him... See??? LAME!!!!!

But not only the lead characters where lacking substance the rest of the characters too. Lets go back to Vee for a second. do you know what´s the only thing I know about her??? She´s on the heavier side, tall and lives on a perpetual diet, ohh and she is always looking for a boyfriend. There you go, that all the information we get on the best friend of the female lead, after four books.

I can´t, just can´t figure out why this series has so many fans. but well, to each their own, what I don´t like can be someone elses treasure =D

There was just one book on the series that I kinda liked, Silence wasn´t that Bad it was the only book that I would rate 3 stars, why?? cause Patch isn´t around much and that made that book so much better but still not that good.

The Premise wasn´t so bad, it had a good idea, Fallen Angels against nephilim one side fights for dominance the other for freedom, sounds good right, the problem was that every conflict was resolved in the most silly and truly obnoxious ways and the climax so poorly achieved that I even started arguing with a friend about all the stupid ways this or that book could end and we made a bet, the loser had to buy coffee.

I said some silly endings myself but my friend was being down right stupid LOL!!! there was no way that the things she said where actually happening, guess what?? they did!!! and now I owe her a  coffee LOL!!! she never told me she already read the books!!!!

I´m very dissapointed but also glad that I read this series, now I can tell my friends "guess what? I read the series you recommended and it sucks" and then we can start fighting about it ROTFL!!!!  Maybe If I had read this books a long time ago I might have liked them, but not now, not at all.

I know lots of you guys will not agree with me but I need to call it as I see it, so lets agree to disagree.
I can´t  give this series more than two stars I wouldn´t be truthfull to myself otherwise.



1 comment:

  1. It's not easy sharing when disappointed. I know you did it for us, so we wouldn't waste time repeating your experience.

    Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete