9/19/12

Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly BOOK REVIEW

Book Review 
Reading level: Ages 14 and up
Hardcover: 464 pages
Publisher: Candlewick (May 24, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0763656526
ISBN-13: 978-0763656522

They're out for your soul. And they don't have heaven in mind... Willow knows she's different from other girls, and not just because she loves tinkering with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into the future and know people's dreams and hopes, their sorrows and regrets, just by touching them. she has no idea where this power comes from. But the assassin, Alex, does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows more about Willow than Willow herself does. He knows that her powers link to dark and dangerous forces and that he's one of the few humans left who can fight them. When Alex finds himself falling in love with his sworn enemy, he discovers that nothing is as it seems, least of all good and evil
 
My Review
I know, I know, this book is from last year, but I just recently had the opportunity to read it and WOW, just WOW, for starters I love the whole Angels are the bad guys concept.  I´m not very big on angel books cause it´s always the same “there here to save us, or save the world, they will sacrifice and whatnot for human kind” thing. So when I started reading this one I flew through it.
Willow is a “normal” girl, well as normal as you can be when you are able to see things you shouldn´t have just by touching someone.  I adored Willow even though she´s not the lets kick butt and Yippee ki yay mother F**** kind of girl she´s strong on her own and is willing to risk herself to help others. She´s not a badass, she´s just beautiful golden hearted Willow.
And then we have Alex, where do I start with Alex?... aside from being totally hawt, he has this universal soldier meets James Bond thing going on. He´s danger on boots and Angel Killer through and through that has had a very difficult and traumatic life since a very young age.
 
So yeah 5 stars  for a very different turn on an Angel book, Now, now I do have one small thorn on my side from this book, they never explained Why Willow is what she is and that was like a mayor thing cause she can´t exist ,on theory anyway LOL!!!
I need to hunt for the next installment like right now and if you haven’t read this one well you guys def. should, it´s full os action and some romance here and there but is really good.
 
Here are the links to both books on the series I´m going to buy the second one ASAP and I can´t wait to get my hands on the third installment on 2013 
 

2 comments:

  1. I have got to read this!

    Why is the ebook and the hardback to same price on Amazon? lol

    Another TBR damn you Karla

    ReplyDelete